Finding work




If you follow my blog you will know that I recently relocated with my partner to another city, I wrote about this on my post Changing Rooms. This change meant that I needed to find new work and although I adored my colleagues, I was going to take this as a positive opportunity to look for work that interests me.

Finding work took longer than I was expecting. Of course it was nice to have free time, but my partner and I were keen to start our new life and work towards our goals. One of the main reasons we moved was because we wanted to buy our own place (as London house prices are off the charts) but we couldn't achieve this until I found work.

I started applying for jobs that I thought may interest me. I didn't want a job that killed my soul little by little everyday, but I also knew that I wanted to crack on with life! It started well and I was invited to attend two interviews. I knew that I could do these jobs and felt that my interviews had gone well. Unfortunately I was not offered either of these positions. Apparently I was too reserved.

 I found part time work in a marketing office which was a start. With it being part time and only temporary, I knew it wasn't meant to be forever but it was a frustrating situation to be in. The role wasn't particularly challenging, but it did give me a little extra and being part time, it meant that I could be available to attend interviews in the week.

An interview came along for a job that I really wanted! I was so excited by the idea of this role! I was given a couple of tasks to complete prior to my interview and I actually enjoyed doing them! After my interview, I sent an email to the company further expressing my interest and dedication to the role, then I waited to hear from them. I spent the week constantly checking my phone and emails and still I heard nothing. It wasn't until I contacted them again for feedback that they decided to inform me via email reply that I had not got the job. This was so upsetting, especially considering that I was so passionate about the role.

Their reason for not hiring me was that they wanted somebody with more experience. This was frustrating as they had seen my cv before inviting me to the interview. They also seemed very impressed with the tasks that I had completed. To say that I felt discouraged is an understatement. All I needed was for that one person to believe in me, see my potential and give me the opportunity. This was actually the motivation behind my post: Rejection.

I allowed myself to dwell for a moment. Then I had to pick myself up and move on. I didn't have any other option. I believed in myself, I just needed somebody else to. I couldn't understand why people were not seeing all the I knew I could give!

It felt like forever, but finally, two more interviews came along, coincidentally they were both on the same day. It was time to step up my game. I had to keep putting myself out there and I couldn't allow anything to hold me back. In order to impress, I had to radiate confidence! I had to sell myself, because I realised that unfortunately often others won't believe in me unless I make them!

Again, I thought my interviews had gone well, but I didn't want to get my hopes up like the previous time. The phone didn't ring once, it rang twice! I wasn't offered just one job, I was offered two! I thought to myself, how funny life is! I had been looking for one job all that time without success, and then two jobs come at once!

I took a lot from this journey. I learnt that persistence is key and believing in yourself even when others don't is essential. I learnt how annoying it can be when a job is so close but not close enough, but I also learnt to keep pushing myself. Never doubt your abilities and don't let set backs stop you from trying again and again. It doesn't matter how long it takes to get to your destination, it just matters that you get there eventually. Sometimes all it takes is for somebody to see that spark in you, but when they don't see it, keep shining.

When others cannot see your greatness, know your greatness!

It was decision time!







64 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! :)

      Much love,
      Marianne x www.beautiful-in-essence.blogspot.com

      Delete
  2. The key is "never ever give up" because no one knows what will happen in the future, like, maybe yesterday one company rejected you, but the next day several companies want you! I am curious, did you accept one of them ? How's it?
    Anyway, love your monochrome outfit! <3

    xoxo,

    |CHELSHEAFLO BLOG|
    |INSTAGRAM|

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right, persistence and self belief are such important ingredients in life! Yes I did accept one, and it is going well! Thanks for asking! :)

      Much love,
      Marianne x www.beautiful-in-essence.blogspot.com

      Delete
  3. All the best to you! I experienced mostly everything has a much better end as we can even imagine! Love the elegant look <3
    xx Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Rena! :)

      Much love,
      Marianne x www.beautiful-in-essence.blogspot.com

      Delete
  4. Congratulations, beautiful! This is such an awesome and inspiring story and I'm so glad you've shared. I wish you the absolute best in your new position and that you'll be that much closer to purchasing that home! You look beautiful in these photos, I adore your makeup and that blue bag, too! I hope you have a very Happy Wednesday, beauty!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much lovely. You're always so kind! :)

      Much love,
      Marianne x www.beautiful-in-essence.blogspot.com

      Delete
  5. This is such an inspiring post and I wish you all the best for the future! Also you look amazing in the photos x

    mylifeasmarinaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! x

      Much love,
      Marianne x www.beautiful-in-essence.blogspot.com

      Delete
  6. I love these boots , and how you styled this skirt <3
    Kisses
    Oanna from

    www.oannafashionsimbol.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Oanna!! :)

      Much love,
      Marianne x www.beautiful-in-essence.blogspot.com

      Delete
  7. Love your look Marianne! So chic! You're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As thank you so much Jeanne! :)

      Much love,
      Marianne x www.beautiful-in-essence.blogspot.com

      Delete
  8. Looking amazing babe! xx

    www.fromluxewithlove.com
    www.bloglovin.com/blogs/from-luxe-with-love-14590195

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!

      Much love,
      Marianne x www.beautiful-in-essence.blogspot.com

      Delete
  9. Stunning outfit!
    Have a nice week-end!
    Gil Zetbase
    http://gilzetbase.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gil!

      Much love,
      Marianne x www.beautiful-in-essence.blogspot.com

      Delete
  10. I guess lately finding is always something hard unfortunately... Never give up and I'm sure it's gonna be okay for you!

    http://violettedaily.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Violette!

      Much love,
      Marianne x www.beautiful-in-essence.blogspot.com

      Delete
  11. Magnifique !
    Kiss, Béa
    https://www.luxetoutou.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      Much love,
      Marianne x www.beautiful-in-essence.blogspot.com

      Delete
  12. Congratulations on the new job. I know from experience that job hunt is not easy. Persistence is a key.

    www.mydailywear.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much Izabela!!

      Much love,
      Marianne x www.beautiful-in-essence.blogspot.com

      Delete
  13. Congratulations gorgeous! I wish you all the best.
    As for your outfit, I absolutely love it!!
    You look so chic and classy..
    Kisses babe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much lovely! :)

      Much love,
      Marianne x www.beautiful-in-essence.blogspot.com

      Delete
  14. You look gorgeous!

    http://prettyinleather.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!

      Much love,
      Marianne x www.beautiful-in-essence.blogspot.com

      Delete
  15. Great post and story, it must be the hard part now to decide which one haha. Have a great day! Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gemma! :)

      Much love,
      Marianne x www.beautiful-in-essence.blogspot.com

      Delete
  16. Wow! What a beautiful look!
    Have a good day!
    www.recklessdiary.ru

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anya! :)

      Much love,
      Marianne x www.beautiful-in-essence.blogspot.com

      Delete
  17. Cute outfit! Love the pencil skirt.
    ~Samantha
    http://goldcoastgirlblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Samantha! :)

      Much love,
      Marianne x www.beautiful-in-essence.blogspot.com

      Delete
  18. Congrats! What an amazing story + you look SO chic!
    xoxo, Vanessa
    www.WhatWouldVWear.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Vanessa! :)

      Much love,
      Marianne x www.beautiful-in-essence.blogspot.com

      Delete
  19. Great look! I love your booties!!

    X Merel
    www.andathousandwords.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Merel! I wear them so much!

      Much love,
      Marianne x www.beautiful-in-essence.blogspot.com

      Delete
  20. I love this post!!
    xx
    Mónica Sors
    MES VOYAGES À PARIS
    NEW POST: WHILE IN MADRID...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :)

      Much love,
      Marianne x www.beautiful-in-essence.blogspot.com

      Delete
  21. Replies
    1. Thank you Ashley!

      Much love,
      Marianne x www.beautiful-in-essence.blogspot.com

      Delete
  22. Searching for a job can be so frustrating - I have found it is often a case of being told I'm over-qualified or I don't have enough experience in a specific field. Very hard to have lots of experience when you are young!

    www.luxestyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It isn't easy is it to find work, especially one that you enjoy! Thank you for your comment!

      Much love,
      Marianne x www.beautiful-in-essence.blogspot.com

      Delete
  23. Replies
    1. Thank you Rena!

      Much love,
      Marianne x www.beautiful-in-essence.blogspot.com

      Delete
  24. Well done for persevering! Job hunting is the worst. Congrats on the job offers!

    Roxie | The Beautiful Bluebird

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Job hunting isn't easy is it! Thank you Roxie! :)

      Much love,
      Marianne x www.beautiful-in-essence.blogspot.com

      Delete
  25. Great post! Everything happens for a reason. Not going a job you really want sucks, but so many other doors open when one closes, so it's good to always keep going and see what comes your way. Congrats on the 2 job offers girl! So happy for you.

    Xo,
    Miki
    http://mikialamode.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is so true Miki! You have to always keep going, it is the best way! Thank you so much!!!

      Much love,
      Marianne x www.beautiful-in-essence.blogspot.com

      Delete
  26. Congrats on getting the job offers beautiful! Rejection is always hard, but every time it happens there is always something great waiting just around the corner. I love this look too- those glasses really suit you

    Rachel xx
    http://www.thedailyluxe.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Rachel! :)

      Much love,
      Marianne x www.beautiful-in-essence.blogspot.com

      Delete
  27. congrats my dear :) You look amazing in these photos, too :)
    http://www.youtube.com/c/MissLovelyAttitude
    http://lovelyattitude.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much! :)

      Much love,
      Marianne x www.beautiful-in-essence.blogspot.com

      Delete
  28. I like your attitude to learning from each situation. Looking very sharp too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! :)

      Much love,
      Marianne x www.beautiful-in-essence.blogspot.com

      Delete
  29. All the best for you. I love your post so much. I got a new job last week :)
    You are so beautiful. :)
    xoxo, Szandi

    [Beauty Pop]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Szandi! Congratulations!! I hope it is going well! :)

      Much love,
      Marianne x www.beautiful-in-essence.blogspot.com

      Delete
  30. Wow! Congratulations on getting a job! I wish you all the best so you can reach your goals. :)

    Jenn
    The Pink Lemonade Girl
    YouTube
    Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jenn! I appreciate the positive wishes!

      Much love,
      Marianne x www.beautiful-in-essence.blogspot.com

      Delete
  31. Oh Marianne, I am so happy that in the end you got two job offers! Congratulations!! Thanks for sharing your job journey with us! You are so right! We have to believe in ourselves, this is something I still have to learn! I really enjoyed reading this post, thanks for opening up to us! xoxo

    www.naomella.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Naomella! I am so glad you enjoyed the post, thanks for the positive words!

      Much love,
      Marianne x www.beautiful-in-essence.blogspot.com

      Delete
  32. Congrats! I think the thing that scares me most is the interviewing process.
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! x