#madewithlovebykv


I am super excited to announce the new collection by Keji Victoria: #madewithlovebykv. I originally spoke with Keji >here< and we spoke about her very first collection for KV Designs. I have been keen to follow Keji on her journey and find out what's new with the collection for 2016. I had the opportunity to catch up with Keji to find out all about it!


The #madewithlovebykv collection is all about exploring creative directions in fashion. From exotic, to playful, to classic pieces, Keji expressed: "I was eager to explore creative freedom and focus on aspects that I love as a designer." The collection is set to cut across cultures, generations and trends, Keji explained: "Everyone can find something they love. I want it to be fashion that's inclusive." I think this is brilliant, how wonderful to want to include all people.

Not only is this collection stylish and bold, but also ethical! Which is such an impressive aspect of KV Designs. "Personally, I'm passionate about supporting businesses in my community. I regularly visit my hometown Kano, Nigeria, and I'm constantly exposed to and inspired by beautiful fabrics and textiles I find in the local markets. It's important to help the economic state of small businesses in the fashion industry, so KV Designs are committed to sourcing fabrics from such businesses." Again, I think this is wonderful, and speaks volumes about the good values of KV Designs.


To make things easier for us, there is a new feature in the latest collection, the real model size guide. This provides details of the actual size of the model photographed so that we can determine the right size by matching the fit of the model's figure to our own. There is also a general size guide provided, so that we can specify our body measurements when ordering a customised piece, because remember each item is hand made, which makes it feel so special!

As you can see there are many beautiful pieces in the collection, one of my favourites being the Amina red jacket pictured above. I wanted to find out what Keji's personal favourite item was: "This is a hard question! It would be hard for me to pick one because I really do love each and every piece. But if you were to ask which piece I would wear right now, it would be the Khadijat wrap dress. I do love dressses and the beautiful thing is that it can be converted into a long waistcoat, so it can be dressed down with jeans also."


‘Being a part of the whole making of the collection; from sketching to sampling, means that every piece has my customer in mind. What makes the KV person comfortable, bold, and unique? Personal touch sometimes gets compromised when making multiple pieces and we sometimes get too focused on following a theme or following trends that do not necessarily reflect our customers needs. My second KV collection goes against the norm- there is love behind every piece!’
– Keji

To see more of the collection, please see the links below:

www.kejivictoria.com
Facebook/kejivictoriabrand


Much love,

42 comments:

  1. Loving her unique designs! You modelled them beautifully <3

    xoxo
    Rina
    http://www.andshedressed.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gad you liked the designs, the model did a very good job. :)

      Much love,
      Marianne x www.beautiful-in-essence.blogspot.com

      Delete
  2. This collection is beyond gorgeous. I absolutely love the use of color and print. xx Belle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you like, I love the print and colours too!

      Much love,
      Marianne x www.beautiful-in-essence.blogspot.com

      Delete
  3. wow these prints are fantastic!

    www.prettyinleather.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they just! :)

      Much love,
      Marianne x www.beautiful-in-essence.blogspot.com

      Delete
  4. This collection is so pretty. I love that top.

    www.mydailywear.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is lovely isn't it! :)

      Much love,
      Marianne x www.beautiful-in-essence.blogspot.com

      Delete
  5. Lovely prints, very vibrant!

    Take Care Doll! Kisses,
    BLOG | Taislany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) x

      Much love,
      Marianne x www.beautiful-in-essence.blogspot.com

      Delete
  6. Wow! The designs are truly beautiful and stunning! I love how she is inspired by her hometown and how she is able to help her community. :)

    Jenn
    The Pink Lemonade Girl
    YouTube
    Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes me too, isn't what wonderful!

      Much love,
      Marianne x www.beautiful-in-essence.blogspot.com

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous pictures babe!

    X Merel
    www.andathousandwords.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you x

      Much love,
      Marianne x www.beautiful-in-essence.blogspot.com

      Delete
  8. wonderful dress :)
    NEW BLOG ! please follow me : YOUNG BLOG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is a lovely collection.

      Much love,
      Marianne x www.beautiful-in-essence.blogspot.com

      Delete
  9. Love gorgeous, conscious fashion like this- awesome, babe!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely one of the things that makes it so great! : )

      Much love,
      Marianne x www.beautiful-in-essence.blogspot.com

      Delete
  10. Thank you for introducing me to KV! I love the overall concept and attention to detail and the customer's needs that's considered in the development of each piece! I personally love traditional African pieces and textiles, I find them to be quite unique, special, and down right beautiful! The fact that the brand focuses on embracing the culture, while still seeking to include and represent everyone, is special in itself! Thanks so much for sharing, beauty; I really enjoyed this post! Have a wonderful week ahead!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love everything you have said, it is all so true. It really is a lovely collection and I am so glad you love it!

      Much love,
      Marianne x www.beautiful-in-essence.blogspot.com

      Delete
  11. Beautiful collection! Love the prints so unique.
    Xx, Raysa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like the collection, I hope you are having a great week!

      Much love,
      Marianne x www.beautiful-in-essence.blogspot.com

      Delete
  12. Wow, these ethnic pieces are fantastic! Love the colours!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rena :)

      Much love,
      Marianne x www.beautiful-in-essence.blogspot.com

      Delete
  13. The collection is amazing Marianne, I love these prints! Love, A

    www.angiespana.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angie, I hope you are having a great day! :)

      Much love,
      Marianne x www.beautiful-in-essence.blogspot.com

      Delete
  14. SHes beautiful. The collection is pretty gorgeous! Happy Thursday!
    much love, Len
    http://www.lenparent.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is isn't she! Glad you like it! :)

      Much love,
      Marianne x www.beautiful-in-essence.blogspot.com

      Delete
  15. Really lovely designs, thanks for the introduction.
    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gemma :)

      Much love,
      Marianne x www.beautiful-in-essence.blogspot.com

      Delete
  16. Those prints and colours are gorgeous! Thanks for introducing the collection! xoxo

    www.naomella.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Naomella, I am glad that you like the collection!

      Much love,
      Marianne x www.beautiful-in-essence.blogspot.com

      Delete
  17. I think they could be a strong brand, because of the ethnic with touch of modern style. Nice collection! :)

    xoxo,

    |CHELSHEAFLO BLOG|
    |INSTAGRAM|

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chelshea! :)

      Much love,
      Marianne x www.beautiful-in-essence.blogspot.com

      Delete
  18. These clothes are awesome! I love the patterns.

    XX
    Molly
    www.trendychickadee.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Molly, glad that you like them! :)

      Much love,
      Marianne x www.beautiful-in-essence.blogspot.com

      Delete
  19. wooow these are so many amazing and unique designs *_*
    http://www.youtube.com/c/MissLovelyAttitude
    http://lovelyattitude.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they lovely! :)

      Much love,
      Marianne x www.beautiful-in-essence.blogspot.com

      Delete
  20. What a stunning collection! I can totally see inspirations from classic African garments- which I've always been a huge fan of! And if its sustainable that's amazing!! I'm drooling over all of these colorful prints

    Rachel xx
    http://www.thedailyluxe.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel. I love how sustainable the collection is and the lovely colours and prints. I hope you are having a great week. :)

      Much love,
      Marianne x www.beautiful-in-essence.blogspot.com

      Delete
  21. Beautiful!!
    xx

    https://theweirdbutterfly.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Antonia :)

      Much love,
      Marianne x www.beautiful-in-essence.blogspot.com

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! x