The best gifts of all!


Cue soppy post, well it is almost Christmas so don't be too hard on me!

I wanted to inspire you all with some ideas for the many Christmas presents you will be buying for loved ones this year, but then I remembered that the best gifts in life are free. Christmas can feel very materialistic at times, and to me it is about more than that. So I have decided to write about some of the best gifts that we can give and receive!


I have taken some photographs of the wrapping paper I chose for this year. I am one of those people that love wrapping presents! I love to colour coordinate and make everything look pretty. I just enjoy being creative and doing little things that show thought and care. I know many people who couldn't care less about wrapping presents who have joked that I could wrap their gifts for them. To be honest, I probably wouldn't mind!


So here are in my opinion some of the best gifts anyone could ask for:

Understanding

To understand is to understand where somebody is coming from, to actually step back and put yourself in their shoes. People who know me would say: 'Oh my gosh! She asks so many questions!' I have always known that my favourite question is: 'Why?' because it allows me to understand why people think the way they do and what makes them who they are. Every decision we make and everything that we do causes an effect and has consequences. Having understanding allows you to connect with the world and it breaks down so many barriers. Understanding is definitely a gift that does not go unappreciated by those that receive it.


Encouragement

To have somebody support and encourage you can have such a great influence on the development of your character and make a massive difference to your life. To have somebody contribute and add to your own ability to believe in yourself can do wonders. It enables us to go further than our comfort zone, to feel positive, and to achieve our goals. It also comforts us when things have not gone our way and allows us to not be too hard on ourselves. Encouragement is something that we can all give and it goes a long way.


Forgiveness

Forgiveness is one of the greatest gifts you can receive but also one of the best presents to give. To be forgiven is to have a weight lifted from your shoulders. It allows you to have a fresh start and to hopefully start to move on from guilt that has held you down, to feel lighter then before. Forgiveness encourages growth in all of us to be better than before. Forgiveness is not only good for those that receive but also those that give. If we are able to forgive then we are able to also lift wight from our own shoulders. It stops bitterness and heals anger and although it can be hard, it can do us more good than we realise.



Love

'Love is patient, love is kind, it does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonour others, it is not self-seeking, It is not easily angered, it keeps no records of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.'

All of the other gifts are not possible without love, love combines all of these things and more, this is why I feel love is the greatest of all of these gifts. Love is not just a feeling but love is a verb, to love people as they are and want the best for them.

So may we share these gifts abundantly this Christmas and the entire year through, because we never know what a difference we can make. x

14 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post! Absolutely love it. My favorite Holiday blog. You are truly amazing!
    I enjoyed reading this. Thank you for sharing!
    Wish you and Your loved ones a Happy Holidays!
    Xo, Raysa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading Raysa, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed reading it!
      Thank you, I hope that you have a wonderful Christmas with loved ones!
      Marianne Xx

      Delete
  2. looks amazing! merry christmas dear :)

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Have a lovely Christmas!

      Marianne x

      Delete
  3. Amazing post!Merry Christmas ♥

    My Blog: www.brooklynglam.com
    Please Like my Facebook page:
    www.facebook.com/brooklynglam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Merry Christmas to you! x

      Marianne x

      Delete
  4. Great post! x

    www.fromluxewithlove.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous photos babe!!! You are such a doll. I love your pics on IG. Glad that we are connected. Have a blessed week doll!
    Much love, Len
    www.lenparent.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you love, very sweet of you! Yes, lovely to be connected. I hope you are having a great start to your week. Marianne x

      Delete
  6. Such a great post, Marianne! I agree with all of your "gifts" here. I feel that they're not only great gifts to give to others, but like you've said, great for giving to ourselves as well, especially when it comest to forgiveness. Thanks for sharing such an amazing post and viewpoints on what really should be the main focus of the holiday season. I hope you have a wonderful day ahead :)

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jalisa

      Thank you so much for your lovely comment, I am pleased that you enjoyed reading my post. I hope that you did have an amazing Christmas.

      Much love,
      Marianne Sophia x www.beautiful-in-essence.blogspot.com

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! x