Pick Me!



A few weeks ago we decided to go strawberry/raspberry picking! I thought, what a nice summery thing to do! While I was there, it occurred to me, what a great way to get kids into healthy eating, to actually show them where their food comes from. It would make them much more open to trying food that they have picked themselves, giving them a sense of achievement. Definitely something I would do one day.

I would probably say that I am a 'fussy eater', but I am not sure how true this is, as we all have different likes and dislikes, but sometimes I feel my dislikes limit me. I try to imagine a world where I like every single food, the possibilities of what I could eat would be endless!


Often people will make assumptions about our health by simply looking at us, but it is not that simple. I admit it, I can eat a lot of unhealthy food and it just will not show, but that does not mean that unhealthy food does not effect my health, just because you cannot see it.

Every body is different, different shapes and different sizes, we cannot make assumptions about anybodies health or eating habits. Often we hear people comment on other people, 'she is too skinny' or 'she is too big.' You cannot assume that the 'skinny' person does not eat, for all you know they have such a fast metabolism that have to eat so much just to keep their weight up. In the same way you cannot assume somebody is who is 'bigger' eats loads of food, body shaming has to end!

Eating healthy is something that we all need to aspire to be doing, not because of an appearance matter, but because we need to take care of our bodies! A good balanced diet! Our health is something that we need to hold on to and cherish! It is not about size, there is no such thing as the 'perfect size', it's a myth, how can one size fit all!? Just focus on your health and love every part of you.
















So if you are looking for something fun to do, or you just want to get some healthy food, why not go and pick some! It's also such a fun activity to do with other people. :)

OOTD
Sunglasses: Prada
Top: H&M
Trousers: New Look
Jacket: New Look
Shoes: Dune
Bag: River Island

2 comments:

  1. Such a lovely post and I love your outfit too - so pretty! :)

    Layla xx

    http://www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! x