Let's Have A Positive 2015

I don't know about you but I find that it can be hard to stay positive in the winter months. The darker mornings and evenings, the cold weather and rainy days. I think it can have an impact on your mood. 

There are positive days and sometimes negative days and sometimes we're not even sure why. It can be easy to feel negative even though we have so much to be thankful for!

So here is a practical way of being a little more positive this year. A helpful reminder to be grateful for what we have. I have decided to try and cherish all the little things that make me smile throughout the year. So I made a positivity jar.

You can fill the jar with anything that will help you to achieve more positivity. A great way to build confidence would be to fill the jar with positive attributes that you have or things that you are proud of. I decided to fill the jar with moments that make me smile throughout the year. I will fill it with things that I feel are blessings and the things that I should be thankful for. When it comes to the end of the year, I will be able to look back and be thankful for so many things in 2015.


The first thing you need is an empty jar. Then you can choose to decorate the jar however you desire. I went for the Dolmio jar ;) yum.

I looked around my room to see what I could use and I found some white cloth which I decided to use  to cover the lid of the jar. I always end up keeping bits and bobs which I think look pretty, this is why I found the pink ribbon laying around. I tied the ribbon around the top of the jar to create a bow.


This cute set of patterned tape was from Paperchase. I bought them a while back now but I was sure that they would eventually come in handy. I decided to use this at the top and bottom of the jar. I thought the black and white polka dot tape would go best with the pink ribbon.


So I have already placed my first note in my jar and I am sure that it will be filled to the top by the end of the year. If you find that you are having a negative day or you feel that it would just be a helpful way to count your blessings this year, then why not give it a go! Let me know how you decorated yours!

Much love,

18 comments:

  1. this is such a cute idea! love how you decorated it

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. there's a £60 skincare giveaway on my blog here, if you fancy joining!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a cute idea! x

    ---

    http://breakfastataris.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy to see so many bloggers wanting a more positive 2015. Also, this is a cute DIY crafty project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes it was fun to make!! :)
      Marianne x

      Delete
  4. I've seen quite a few people doing this and think it's such a great idea, love how you decorated the jar too!

    Rebecca Coco

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Let me know if you give it a go! :)

      Marianne x

      Delete
  5. love this idea x
    http://heyitshannaah.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a nice idea! A jar full of candy sounds good, but it probably won't last long!
    http://beautylovesbooks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A jar full of candy, what a brilliant idea!! :)

      Marianne x

      Delete
  7. This is such a good idea to make your own, I bought a little one but I keep forgetting to add things to it haha! xx

    xbeccabe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brilliant! Hope you have been remembering to add to it!! :)
      Marianne x

      Delete
  8. Hi I tagged you in the Infinity Dreams Award. Check my latest post for more info. Love your blog. Keep up the good work x

    Kirafelicialindxn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need a positivity jar asap!
    http://www.spilling-the-beans.co.uk/
    Jabeen x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! x