London Fashion Week


Last week I headed down to London fashion week which was rather exciting. I was looking forward to the fashion show as I enjoy seeing the creative ways in which the models outfits have been styled and put together. I also hoped to be inspired by the trends and styles.

My outfit:
Dress: Topshop
Shoes: NewLook
Coat: Topshop

Trends Fashion Show

The fashion show included 4 trends for SS13: 
Graphic Art
Urban Lifestyle
Eastern Promise
Dolls House

Graphic Art:
Graphic Art is about bright colours, it's about making a colour statement and includes bold patterns and prints. This trend was apparently started by Marc Jacobs and then followed by Louis Vuitton. Here are some of the clothes that featured on the catwalk. 
Designers include: David Koma, Liz Black, Rokasanda Ilincic, Paper London, Milli Millu and Julian Hakes.

Urban Lifestyle:
Urban lifestyle is contemporary and classic including bowler hats, pencil skirts, fitted dresses, collared blouses and duster coats, bomber jackets, beige, navy and whites, red lipstick!
Designers include: Peridot London, Jasper Conran, Muu Baa, Chris Raeburn, JW Anderson, Topshop and Miss Selfridge.

Eastern Promise:
This was my favourite trend! It's influence is Asia, mainly Japan. I find it so magical and beautiful. If you have read my previous post about >>oriental clothing<< you will know that I love oriental clothing so this was the best for me.


Dolls House
Dolls House is a modern take on pretty for 2013.Gucci have been putting the focus on flounce this season. Metallics are in, Christopher Bailey for Burberry Prorsum has taken full advantage of this with the SS13 collection. 
Designers include: Her Curious Nature, Aminaka Wilmont,Victoria Grant, Liz Black, Piers Atkinson, Sophia Webster, Holly Fulton, Sea Folly, Irregular Choice, Miss Selfridge, MuuBaa, Kat Maconie and Meadham Kirchhoff.